Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Holiday Maker's Paradise

Greetings fellow colleagues and industry professionals, my name is Majella and on Tuesday 16th February, I was very privileged to participate in the Mantra 'Manager for a Day Program' at Mantra Sun City Resort. On arrival I was greeted by the Front Office Manager, Warren and amazed by the resort's unique Aztec themeing of a holiday maker's paradise.

First on the agenda for the day I was treated to a grand tour of the property and by the resort's inviting pool area, featuring an incredible waterslide. Following this, Warren explained to me the hotel's pricing strategy and what life is like in the day of a hotel manager, in addition to kindly answering my revenue management questions.

For the second half of the day, my fellow "Managers of the Day" and I were given the opportunity to meet and speak with Mantra industry professionals from each of the departments that comprise the Mantra Group, including: Human Resources; Marketing; Sales; Revenue Management; Finance and Asset Elevation and gain an insight into their roles and responsibilities.

The professionals also willingly answered our many questions for which we were all so grateful. My favourite part of the day was definitely learning about Mantra's unique corporate culture and its beneficial impact on hotel performance. The Mantra 'Manager for a Day' is an invaluable work experience opportunity that helped me extend my knowledge and practical application of a hotel's daily operations. I strongly advise those students contemplating applying for the 'Manager for a Day' Program to apply without hesitation, as it is an incredible and highly beneficial opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment